Most individuals do not understand the importance of having adequate car insurance and coverage until it is too late. At Patrick J Woods Insurance Agency, we want to help you understand each coverage and why it is necessary to have the right coverage for your situation. We understand that everyone wants to save as much money as possible, but you can also leave yourself vulnerable by trying to save too much! As your local insurance agent, we will provide you with a free quote with the best coverage at the lowest cost!
Your auto insurance rate is based on a variety of factors such as driving records, where you live, and the kind of car you drive. There are many discounts that are offered to keep those rates from skyrocketing! Discounts for an anti-theft system, miles driven, owning / renting a property or going green can help keep your premium low! Ask one of our family agents about which insurance discounts you may be eligible for!
By understanding the coverage areas provided on an Auto Insurance Policy, you will be able to understand the recommendations for each that are given, such as:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Coverage that is provided for an individual injured in an auto accident.
- Property Damage Liability – Coverage that is provided for damage done to another person’s property. Most often this is for another vehicle but can also cover your liability for houses, garages and most anything else that is considered property of another.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist – Coverage that will pay for the injuries caused by an individual who is Uninsured or Underinsured to you or others in your vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection – Also known as “PIP Coverage” covers you for your medical payments, lost wages and replacement services no matter who is at fault in the accident. This covers all passengers in your vehicle and also pedestrians.
- Collision – This will provide coverage to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive – Provides coverage for damage done to your vehicle by anything other than a collision. (i.e. windshield damage, fire, theft or vandalism)
- Other Coverage such as Rental Car, Towing, and Labor
Recreational Vehicle Insurance
A recreational vehicle shares the road with other automobiles so you may think an auto insurance policy is all you need to cover your home away from home. However, an auto insurance policy misses many of the items you will find in a specialized recreational vehicle insurance policy.
We provide you with the recreational vehicle or camper coverage that best fits your individual situation.
We offer the following options for Recreational Vehicle Insurance:
- Total loss replacement – covers a new RV (no more than 5 years old) when declared a total loss and provides the owner with a replacement unit of similar value
- Replacement cost of personal belongings – covers the cost of replacing personal property that is destroyed during a specified event
- Emergency expense coverage – covers costs incurred in the event of an accident or breakdown and force you and your occupants to find other lodging and meals.
- Comprehensive coverage – covers damage from vandalism, theft, natural disasters, fires, water damage, and other incidents not caused by a road accident.
- Towing and roadside assistance – covers towing costs and mechanical costs if you can’t fix it yourself
- Full-time liability – covers the RV when inhabited for more than a certain portion of the year. Similar to homeowner’s insurance in that its coverage includes medical expenses suffered by someone who is injured in or around your RV.
- Stationary coverage – covers your RV while it is parked either in storage or at your main place of residence
- Medical insurance coverage – covers the medical expenses you incur when an accident occurs in your RV
- Uninsured motorist coverage – covers you if you are injured and your RV if it is damage by non-insured motorist
- Suspend collision coverage when in storage – allows you to suspend the portions of your policy which apply only when the vehicle is being used on the road.
Off-Road Vehicle Insurance
We understand that it is a common assumption that a homeowners or auto insurance policy will cover any damages or liabilities caused while operating an off-road vehicle. Don’t wait until it’s too late to find out that assumption is incorrect. An accident that causes damage to your four-wheeler or snowmobile can be very costly without the right insurance coverage.
Providing you with the best off-road vehicle plan is important to us. We listen to you as you describe your off-road experiences and then decide which type of coverage best fits your unique needs.
We offer the following options for Off-Road Insurance
- Bodily Injury Liability – covers injuries sustained by another person when you are at fault for the accident
- Property Damage Liability – covers damages caused to someone else’s property while operating the recreational vehicle
- Collision Coverage – covers damages to your recreational vehicle caused by an accident that is your fault
- Comprehensive Coverage – covers damage to your recreational vehicle caused by something other than an accident, i.e. tornado, flood, fire and also covers theft of the recreational vehicle.
Boat & Watercraft Insurance
As a boat owner, it is in your best interest to own a Boat Insurance policy. This policy provides you coverage in many areas including damages caused by vandalism, lightning, collision, and windstorms. It also provides you protection in the event a passenger is injured while on the boat.
Watercraft Insurance covers Jet Skis, SeaDoos, and Wave Runners. These items are typically not covered under a homeowners policy which is why it is important to have a separate watercraft insurance policy for your recreational vehicle. A watercraft insurance policy covers the owner and anyone the owner allows to ride the vehicle.
Contact us today to find out how to get the best price and value on your insurance needs.